William Antonelli Oct. 8, 2021, 6:30 PM
In Minecraft, command blocks can’t be crafted or found. Mojang
A special chat command can be used to get a command-line in your account Minecraft world.
You’ll need to have both Cheats and Creative Mode enabled in your Get a command block in Minecraft World.
After summoning it, you are able to modify how your command blocks work.
Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Minecraft is a complicated game. On the surface, it just looks like a big Lego simulator – but dig deep enough, and you can build sprawling rail systems, paint pictures, and even program in-game computers.
One example is the command blocks. Redstone is used to power command blocks. They allow you automate the world and control other players. Server rules.
But unlike other items, you can’t find command blocks out in the world, or in the Complete listThere are many different items. Instead, you’ll need to spawn it into the game using cheats.
Here’s how to get a command block in Minecraft, using either Java or Bedrock edition.
How to make a command block for Minecraft
Java and Bedrock have the exact same method of getting command blocks.
1. Firstly, make sure that your world or Realms server has cheats turned on, and that you’re playing in Creative Mode.
Both Creative Mode and Cheats (Mojang, William Antonelli/Insider) should be turned on
2. For the chat box to open, use T on the keyboard or right-hand controller d-pad button.
/give [your username] minecraft:command_block
Instead of “[your username],”Please enter your Minecraft username.
To give the command block of a player’s name, you can use that person’s name. Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
4. Your inventory will contain the command block. While it’s in your hand, you can place it down on any solid surface.
You’ll be given an infinite amount of command blocks. Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
Make use of the command block
Once you’ve placed your command block, you can set the block up with codes so it performs automatic tasks. You can give items to your players or kill enemies once they spawn.
1. Pick the command block that you would like to use.
2. In the menu that opens, you’ll have a few options. You can choose the number of times the command blocks are run. ImpulseOnce the command is run, it will be stopped. Repeat/CurrentIt will run for indefinitely. ChainBefore it can run, any connected command block must be executed.
Here’s a quick tipRedstone circuits are a way to link multiple command blocks together.
3. Second is ConditionsOr No conditionsDetermines whether or not a command block related to this one must execute successfully before it can be allowed to run.
4. The third option lets you choose whether the command block can run on its own – Always active – or Redstone is requiredIt will be able to power it.
5. Then, you can type in your command. For example, if you want to kill every creeper in the area, you’ll type:
This is a complete list of codes.
The command block must be setup with an action and its conditions. Mojang; William Antonelli/Insider
6. When you’re ready for the command block to start running, click Do it.
How to install Minecraft Forge to gain access to thousands of Minecraft mods ‘Minecraft’s’ graphics and add new featuresHow to make an End Portal in ‘Minecraft,’ and use it to find the game’s final boss